METS Physical Therapy is a family-owned practice. Michael and Kirby, co-founders, opened METS as a patient driven, concierge clinic focused on one-on-one specialized and specific care. The concept was formed as a business model during Michael's time in PT school. His vision was to create a concierge model that would allow for same day appointments that would get treatment started immediately and begin to alleviate the patient's pain. Through years of experience, METS is now a reality. METS was designed to produce the highest level of care in a setting that is both private and enjoyable. You will not find a more personal and "You" centered place to rehabilitate and recover than at METS Physical therapy. We Make Every Treatment Specialized!
A native of north Louisiana, Michael or Mike, as most of his friends call him, has practiced Physical Therapy for over 16 years in a variety of settings. He now considers Baton Rouge home and has practiced in the area since 2014. As a National Champion athlete, Mike understands not only the need for rehabilitation from injuries and surgery, but also the advantage of taking care of the body before a serious injury occurs. One of Mike's, greatest passions is helping alleviate the everyday aches and pains that keep you from enjoying life fully. He also enjoys the challenge of getting athletes back to the playing field quickly and efficiently while also keeping them safe.
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (BA) from Northeast Louisiana University
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy (MPT) from the University of South Florida
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Master Trainer with Competitive Edge Sports
- Trained in Spinal Manipulation (SMT-1) with the American Association of Manipulative Therapy
- Certification in Dry Needling (C-DN) with the American Association of Manipulative Therapy
- Trained in IASTM with Rock Tape
- Trained in Kinesio Taping with Kinesio University
- National Champion (1995) with the University of Kentucky Cheerleaders